We are seeking a dynamic construction professional to help our organization grow! Over the next three years, we will impact nearly 100 families by adding a qualified passionate individual to our construction team. His or her duties will include responsibility for the day to day construction functions on all worksites as well as ensuring that quality building standards and building schedules are maintained at all times. In addition, the Construction Supervisor will supervise all volunteers, AmeriCorps members and lead the coordination of subcontractors. The Supervisor will also serve as a liaison to all construction related vendors, homeowners participating in NRI programming and provide expert opinion in the evaluation of future construction and rehabilitation projects. The position reports to the Director of Construction. For more information see the below job description. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Marianne Lynch, Executive Director via email at
Position Title: Construction Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Construction
Supervises: Crew Leaders
Status: Full-time, exempt, eligible for benefits
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for the day to day construction functions on all worksites. The Supervisor will ensure that quality building standards and building schedules are maintained at all times. In addition, the Construction Supervisor will supervise all volunteers, AmeriCorps members and lead the coordination of subcontractors. The Supervisor will also serve as a liaison to all construction related vendors, homeowners participating in NRI programming and provide expert opinion in the evaluation of future construction and rehabilitation projects.
• Knowledge of and experience in residential building and IRC 2009 Code Standards.
• Strong supervisory and training skills, particularly of diverse groups.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of construction safety best practices.
• Excellent project planning, implementation and execution strategies.
• High energy level, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, flexibility, discretion, leadership, and sense of humor.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Ability to work strategically and tactically.
• The ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously is a necessity.
• Friendly, engaging, professional manner.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Supervises all facets of construction including, but not limited to framing, exterior finishing, drywall, carpentry, flooring, and finishing in new and rehab construction.
• Supervises all facets of critical home repair activities including but not limited to carpentry, drywall, window installation, painting, flooring, subcontractor coordination for HVAC and roofing, and volunteer management.
• Ensures the safety of all construction staff and volunteers.
• Responsible for volunteer supervision in building Habitat homes, completing critical home repairs and executing preservation activities, ensuring a quality volunteer experience by providing set up, training and coaching.
• Serves as an active member of the Safety Committee.
• Assists Construction Director in establishing all construction schedules.
• Maintains construction and repair schedule, providing coordination of all internal and external resources including staff scheduling, managing potential concerns and providing for contingencies to ensure timely project completion.
• Serves as the liaison to all construction related subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality workmanship, coordinate schedules and maintain inventory.
• Provides appropriate and timely response to all home warranty issues in the absence of the Director of Construction.
• Facilitates construction meetings in conjunction with Director, providing information regarding construction project schedule, practices, and volunteer program.
• Works with the construction committee to gain professional knowledge and best practices.
• Serves as an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity with all volunteers, presenting accurate, compelling information about the affiliate and Habitat for Humanity International.
• Provides expert feedback on the evaluation of potential projects.
• Assists in the overall administration of all construction matters in the absence of Construction Director, including (but not limited to) accounts payable, budget, and coordination of construction-related donations.
• Protects Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County from liability, including matters of safety and construction.
• Reports potential concerns to the Construction Director or Executive Director in a timely manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Expert construction skills in all residential construction phases.
• Experience in owner-occupied renovation a plus.
• Experience working with and through volunteers.
• Demonstrated success in supervision including development, coaching, and evaluation.
• Demonstrated ability to delegate with authority and integrity.
• Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and organize staff and volunteers to meet program goals.
• Strong communication skills: both oral and written
• Computer Skills Required: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, and Smart Phone