Would you like to become a volunteer for Habitat for humanity? Complete the form below and we will contact you about how you can help us here at Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, PA.
View WAIVER Terms
Habitat’s mission is to eliminate poverty housing. Partnering with caring individuals and organizations,
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County (HFHMC) constructs simple, decent, affordable homes and
empowers hardworking, low-income families to become homeowners by providing no-interest mortgages
with which to purchase these homes.
Position Title: ReStore Associate
Reports to: Restore Director
Supervises: no direct reports, but provides support and leadership for volunteers
Status: hourly, Tuesday-Saturday schedule, 20 hours/week
This position is the utility player of the ReStore team. Responsibilities vary on a day-to-day and sometimes hour-to-hour basis and include: cashiering, receiving, driving or assisting on the truck, floor sales, processing of donations, and scheduling the ReStore truck for pick-ups.
- Drive the truck or assist the driver as need for pick up of donations
- Phone or email with donors to screen and schedule pickup of donations
- Screen, document, and unload drop-off donations
- Process donations
- Stock inventory and prepare merchandise displays
- Work the cash register and supervise the cash wrap area
- Train, lead, and provide support for volunteers in any and all of the above
- Follow all policies and procedures for sales and for the safe handling and display of merchandise
- Provide support to the Restore Director and Assistant Manager as requested Specific Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- Superior communication skills
- Desire to grow with the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to work in warehouse conditions including, heat, cold, and dust, and to stand for hours at
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in retail, restaurant/hospitality field, marketing, sales, or construction, or a combination of experience
and education/training in at least some of these areas is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook/email) and the internet
- Ability to lift 70 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to drive and load a truck
- High School diploma
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to
by February 5.
Organization Name: Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, PA (HFHMC)
Job Title: Director of Development and Communications
Organization Description: HFHMC, an affiliate of Habitat International, partners with low-income individuals to achieve homeownership. HFHMC builds safe, decent affordable homes and sells them to low-income individuals for a no-interest, low cost mortgage, providing a “hand-up, not a hand out.” In 2013, HFHMC expanded its mission to serve more families through home repair and preservation. To support these activities, HFHMC runs a ReStore – a retail outlet selling gently used and surplus building materials, furniture and housewares to the general public for a fraction of their worth.
Job Description: HFHMC is seeking a dynamic, experienced professional to become the Director of Development and Communications. As a member of the senior management team, the director is responsible for the overall fundraising and communications strategy for the affiliate. The ideal candidate will plan and implement all funding activities to meet current organizational needs as well as future growth objectives. In addition, the Director will prepare and oversee communications plan for both the affiliate and ReStore, insuring consistency across multiple channels. The Director reports to the Executive Director, oversees two development staff and acts as a liaison to the Board of Directors.
- 5 to 7 years of comprehensive fundraising experience with a proven track record of success
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Previous supervisory experience necessary.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Marianne Lynch, CFRE, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County.
, 533 Foundry Road, W. Norriton, PA 19403. No phone calls please.