Habitat’s mission is to eliminate poverty housing. Partnering with caring individuals and organizations,
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County (HFHMC) constructs simple, decent, affordable homes and
empowers hardworking, low-income families to become homeowners by providing no-interest mortgages
with which to purchase these homes.
Position Title: COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER
Primary Location: Habitat Office in West Norriton, PA
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Full-time, Tuesday-Saturday
Position Summary: The Community Relations Manager is responsible for the overall management and growth of the volunteer program, including volunteers for construction of new homes, rehabilitated homes, neighborhood revitalization projects, ReStore efforts and general needs. In addition, the position is responsible for all outreach efforts consistent with strategic volunteer engagement. Finally, this position will support and assist the Development Director and the Executive Director in creation and maintenance of PR campaigns including social media, events, and other opportunities as they arise as well as relationship deepening opportunities for individual volunteers, corporations and other organizations.
• Coordinates daily volunteer schedule and communicates it to construction staff, ReStore staff and others.
• Inputs volunteer and donor data into donor management software, creates thank you notes and follow-up correspondence.
• Responds to all volunteer inquiries.
• Schedules all volunteers and confirms volunteers at various locations and times.
• Delivers orientations to volunteer groups.
• Trains volunteers in sensitivity measures required by the neighborhood revitalization core competencies.
• Meets volunteers on various construction sites periodically to ensure quality volunteer management at all levels.
• Attends outreach events representing Habitat’s interests in a professional and competent manner.
• Supports administrative needs of Executive Director, 10 hours per week.
• Plans internal and external events.
• All responsibilities must be performed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact with large groups, as well as individuals.
• High energy level, self-starter, strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving, flexibility, and sense of humor.
• Ability to handle conflict.
• Ability to speak publicly.
• College degree preferred.
• Volunteer management experience required, preferably with a human services organization.
• Experience using database systems preferred.
• Comfort learning to use new technology required.
• Experience working in development or with volunteers preferred.
• Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Power Point, social media and Outlook.
• Calm and resilient personality.
• Tuesday through Saturday schedule required.
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits:
• Full-time, overtime-exempt position
• Schedule is Tuesday-Saturday, 8am-4pm
• Competitive Salary
• Standard benefits package applies
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Kim Tobin at
or fax to 610-278-1634. Please tell us how you learned of this position and why you think you’d be a good fit.
ReStore Marketing and Communications Intern
Goal: To help grow the ReStore donor and customer base through active use of social media, design of printed materials, and creation of in-store promotional signage.
Job description: The Marketing and Communications Intern will be involved in a range of activities surrounding a designated project, depending on experience and interest. Intern will support marketing and communication functions within the ReStore, including but not limited to: online marketing and research, redesign of Habitat marking materials, representing Habitat ReStore in the community and other duties as needed
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate should have a background in marketing and communications, must be familiar with social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter), and have experience with printed marketing materials. Volunteer experience with Habitat for Humanity is a plus, but not required. Reliable transportation is a must.
Training and resources: Upon starting the internship, the intern will be familiarized with the policies, procedures, and goals of Habitat ReStore. S/he will then be shown the current marketing and communication practices and familiarized with a particular project. Current possible projects include: a redesign of the ReStore brochure, establishing and maintaining a ReStore presence on Pinterest or other DIY sites, improving our Facebook presence, or updating our website material.
Time commitment: At least 12 hours per week are expected. The volunteer can do some work from home, if desired. However, at least 8 hours per week in the store are required. The internship follows the academic semester (10 weeks minimum, 12 weeks preferred).
Benefits: The volunteer will learn about Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building simple decent affordable housing in partnership with low income families. S/he will: a) learn the role of the ReStore in attaining the affiliate’s goal, b) engage in a meaningful volunteer experience, c) gain hands-on, marketing and communications experience, and d) see how non-profit marketing can be successful even on a limited budget.
Contact: Pat Peddie, ReStore Manager 610-278-7710 x199
Habitat ReStore 533 Foundry Road West Norriton, PA 19403